In 1219, a young liberal, POC, by the name of Genghis Khan went to war against the Khwarezm Empire in what is now the bombing remnants of present day Afghanistan and Iraq. During his travels, he met a young team of Africans who spoke to him about a time in the distant future where a young woman by the name of Idilay, shall be born in a post-conflict place called, 'Soo'malia".
From there, a prophecy predicting her collaboration with a young team of Africans intent on creating a satirical space to pontificate about all political, cultural, and media happenings from the perspective of African, told through a variety of media lens (Ah! now you get it).
Irate with jealously, Khan froze this team of entrepreneurial Africans in time, setting off a chain of seismic events which undoubtedly resulted in the enslavement, colonisation, and post-conflict exploitation of their home nations. Luckily in 2016, the Anglo-Saxon uprising in Britain and the US has resulted in the rise of global temperatures; thus un-freezing our young heros. And thereafter Afrolens was born. A dream deferred, found it's right moment in history; at the epicentre of the years before the Rapture.
This page is also in memory of our old friend Khan, who despite our centuries old grudge, has helped reduced global warming by combating overpopulation and killing approximately 40,000,000 people. Here's to he world's most renewed, dedicated, and dynamic environmentalist.
Now on what you can expect from Afrolens media:
1. Satirical news
2. Profile of innovative/creative persons & ideas, dedicated to responding to a diverse and dynamic audience.
3. Multi-media platforms in delivering diverse, creative and engaging content.
What you will not find here:
1. Thought policing and unilateral politics. Although a progressive media brand, Afrolens is informed by diverse & provocative conversations, through nuanced lens.
2. Tabloid reporting: Afrolens does satire, literary laughs, long-form essays, and all other forms of cutting-edge perspectives. We're not in the business of slander.
3. Perspectives that yield to your world view. Afrolens is media for folks invested in all scrutiny of absolute truths.